Wedding Frequently Asked Questions
- The chapel in the Old Stone Church is Non-Denominational
- it is operated by the Lemont Area Historical Society and is NOT connected
to any religion.
- Chapel seats 120 people comfortably.
- Chapel is located on the first floor
and is handicapped accessible.
- There are 15 pews. Since the pews are curved,
something as simple as a white rubberband can secure bows, etc.
- If buying a white runner for the aisle, buying the 50 foot size
- Altar railing is 15 feet long from Post to Post (see pictures below).
- There are 6 window sills - Enclosed candles only can be used
- You can decorate as much or as little as you like - however,
NO NAILS, TACKS, OR TAPE are allowed, nor can any of the museum
banners or display cases be moved without permission.
- NO BIRDSEED OR RICE CAN BE THROWN.
- Please designate someone to put up and take down decorations
after ceremony. Nothing including boxes should be left behind.
- Doors for rehearsal and wedding are opened 15 minutes before
the scheduled time.
- Regular business hours for the Lemont Area Historical Society
and its museum are suspended during scheduled weddings, baptisms, etc.
- Street parking only and 3 designated parking spaces in back
of building. Commuter lots are located nearby.
- Lemont Street (which runs in front of the Museum and chapel)
is a One way street ONLY on Sundays until 12:30 p.m.
- The Old Stone Church and the LAHS Museum are located in
Cook County, Illinois.
- You are welcome to use your own organist and/or minister.
A list of local musicians and ministers is also available from the museum.
- Weather permitting, pictures may be taken in the
North and West Gardens.
For further questions, please call the Museum
at (630) 257-2972 or email:
©2006-2018 by Lemont Area Historical Society